Monday, March 16, 2015

Red States--In a Good Way...

So, this is pretty cool.  Back on an old post, I filled in these interactive maps with states and countries that I'd visited.  I did two more highlighting states and countries where I wanted to visit within the following five years...and I did it!  (For the most part). 

There were four states in the Northeast that I wanted to see, and England and Scotland were on the countries list.  Done, and done!  The only thing on the list that I didn't accomplish was a visit to France, which I apparently had there due to the familial connection.  It's still on my list, but a few other countries are jockeying for first position, so we'll see.  It's so nice to look back on a list of "I really wanna do this stuff" and actually see that I've done some!  I guess it's time to map out the next five years.



I haven't been to Alaska, but when you check off the US, you get the whole bag.
This map has way too few red bits!  Way too much world, way too little life left.
But I press on!

There are prettier map generators out there, but I just pulled up the one I'd used before.  Click the link below if you'd like to play around with visiting possibilities, past trips, or plans for world domination.  Bon Voyage or Good Luck and Have fun storming the castle!, as the case may be.



Create your own visited map of The World

8 comments:

  1. That is very, very cool. My five year plan involves finding a way to get my entire lawn mowed in the summer. It's been on my list for eight years and I feel like I am moving backwards and not forwards - although last year I did set fire to a good portion of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's one way to make the grass shorter! :) So glad summer is coming--Indiana winters do me in. Canadians are made of stronger stuff than I!

      Delete
  2. This is fun!

    Although, I notice a serious lack of red in southern Europe... specifically the Iberian Peninsula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABSOLUTELY! Wouldn't that be wild someday? :) I think I would die from joy at sitting across some table from you and San Geraldo with a towel on his head!

      Delete
    2. Ha! We were at a restaurant the other night. San Geraldo pulled out his towel and a woman walked over to our table and asked, "You're San Geraldo, aren't you?!? I wasn't sure until I saw the towel." She apparently had been following my blog for some time. But he's the one she recognized!

      Delete
    3. Ha! You're local celebrities! Well, SG is, anyway. :)

      Delete
  3. I applaud your thirst for adventure! Safe travels, wherever you visit next.

    If my budget allowed, I would love to do more traveling myself. The American southwest would be a lovely destination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I haven't spent much time in that part of the country, except a whirlwind 10-day trip where my friend and I participated in a wedding and then took a road trip of just a night or two in each city we visited.

      My budget doesn't allow for anything major at the moment! I've gotta save my pennies and dream for now. :)

      Delete

Always feel free to chime in.