Thursday, August 1, 2013

Could It Be Love?

ChristianMingle says that a deity matches up couples on their website.  I'm pretty sure it's algorithms.  Either way, I was matched up!

....With a film on Netflix that I'd never heard of called Mary and Max.  The powers that be thought that I'd rate it with an almost perfect score, and I did, I did!  Here's what the poster looks like, and here are a few verbal gems from the movie.


"I wish I could be in charge of all the chocolate, but of course I cannot, because of my atheism." 
--Max

"Mary Dinkle's eyes were the color of muddy puddles. Her birthmark, the color of poo."
--Narrator

"He's scared of outside, which is a disease called homophobia."
--Mary


I loved this film!  Thanks, god!  or  Thanks, math!

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love those quotes. I'm going to have to rent this... by myself, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quotes alone have me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a fun discovery, guys. :) Very quirky and unconventional. I was surprised at how moving it was, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have added it to the list! I love finding gems on Netflix (I highly recommend 'Departures').

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I'm going to check it out. We just finished watching "Orange is the New Black" and I really need something else to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I've heard such great things about "Orange"--must check it out!

      Delete
  6. This film has popped up many a time in my "suggested for you" queue on Netflix, but I've never watched it. I'll have to look at this one :)

    Also, in regard to the poster above, I must also highly recommend "Orange is the New Black." Very, very well-written series. Be warned, however, that it's very conducive to binge-watching!

    (Btw, you and I need to talk and discuss TV, books, and movies again sometime!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Things are nutty right now...Dad is in the hospital, etc. I have some vacation time coming up. I'll email you, and we'll figure out a catch-up time!

      Delete
    2. Sorry to hear about your dad :( My dad is also going through some medical stuff right now.

      But yes, let me know when you have some free time -- it's been far too long, and we must chat again :)

      Delete

Always feel free to chime in.