Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tipsy Blogging?

Maybe.

I spent the day working out and running. I have a half marathon coming up. It will be my third. Anyway, I ended the day with perhaps just a touch too much spiced rum. This is not in character, and I was just about to go to bed when "Blood Simple" came on television (after Svengoolie's showing of "The Creature Walks among Us" [1956]). I realize that it's time for a Coen Brothers retrospective. It's going to be a long night. Damn you, film club!!!

In other news...I'm going to the Ai Weiwei exhibit tomorrow at the IMA (actually, later today) with some friends. I can't wait to go and to discuss it over dinner afterwards. I've seen and heard so much about this guy; I'm eager to see the art for myself. We're going on a docent led tour, so I should be able to share all of the skinny soon.

Okay, "Blood Simple"...wow me like you did at Baxter Avenue Theater a bunch of years ago...

8 comments:

  1. I just ran my first half marathon yesterday in Champaign!! Good luck on yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Charity! It's a great feeling of accomplishment, isn't it? I will need the luck...my last two were four and five years ago.

      Delete
  2. Did you know 'Blood Simple' was remade in China?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1428556/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't! Looking at the details makes me think that the two films would make an interesting double feature. I might have to suggest that to my film group.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm. Maybe it wasn't the quantity of the rum, but how fast you drank it? Maybe you were extra thirsty after all the running, drank the rum too fast in your thirst, and got tipsy? I get a little buzzed if I drink beer too fast.

    Good luck! Enjoy the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about the timing, Ahab.

      Thanks! I will!

      Delete
  4. I was just talking with our friend/houseguest about the Coen Bros. and told him I thought I needed to do a little marathon retrospective myself. Good for you on those half marathons. I would love to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a unique perspective, don't they?

      I bet you would run circles around me, Mitch!

      Delete

Always feel free to chime in.