Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Miscellaneous Tidbits



 
I was hoping that Ellen would pick up this much-circulated basketball vid...and she did, she did!
 
 
I really, really appreciate the beauty of this (even on a gray day).  I also really, really hope that this is our last snow of the year.
 

 



I'm not and have never been a United Methodist, but I'm very familiar with the Wesleyan Quadrilateral; however, I was not aware that it had inspired a T-shirt...

 
 
A Wesleyan Quadrilateral t-shirt?  Is this fella meant to be a typical United Methodist?*  If this is meant to be a discussion starter, how would such a conversation play out?  Where does this person live that a fellow townsperson would be simultaniously literate enough to exclaim, "Oh!  You're wearing a WQ shirt!" and tolerant enough not to be offended by such overt United Methodism?  So many questions...
 
_________________________________
*If so--yowza.  I'm not even bothered by the headlessness.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate those born-again United Methodists? And, yes, if that's the typical United Methodist, I'm converting.

    I don't mean to burst your bubble, but is it a bit too soon to be hoping that was the LAST snow of the season?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch! I don't know why I was thinking in terms of "school year," as I'm neither a student nor a teacher! It was much ado about nothing, anyway. By the next day, almost all of the snow had melted. Maybe due to hot United Methodists.

      Delete

Always feel free to chime in.