Here's my first and very experimental egg. I did these in Russian class more years ago than I'd like to think about, then a few weeks ago happened upon a class at our downtown gallery. I had planned on doing this with my art group, as it's my month to host, so that was serendipitous. I'll make more purposeful designs this time, but this was a good go for practice.
The last one shows the egg before I put it in blue dye and then melted the wax off over a candle (see, this is why it smacks a little of Wicca).
These are just egg shells--I have poked holes in the ends of each egg and blown out the contents. I will not post pictures of the egg blowing. It's not attractive, and this is a family show. You can see the holes in the eggs in the picture on my previous post.
So, there ya go. I'll have a prettier one next time, and rest assured that these will not be hidden in the meadow for Eostre to find and therefore grant me fertility. That bitch gets enough eggs.