Saturday, December 24, 2011

Blogging Meme

I got this from Mind of Mine...

1. As a blogger, what do you draw inspirations from for your posts? Random stuff which is going on in my life, pop culture, politics, etc. I suppose you can see the answer to this question in the cloud of labels somewhere to the right.

2. If you could swap blogs with another blogger for a post, who would you switch with and why? Maybe one of the movie bloggers I follow. I can review a movie, though not as well as they.

3. If your blog had a theme song, what would it be? Why? I want to say, "The Mary Tyler Moore Theme," but that's not accurate. Hmm...

4. What is your writing process for a post? If something pops in my mind, I write about it sometime that day. I start typing, and don't spend more than an hour on it. I read it through once, make corrections and click "publish."

5. Your blog requires a cute new mascot - what would it be? Some kind of cute dragon, unicorn, griffin, gnome...something like that.

6. Do you feel you express your "true self" on your blog? I think so. I would have to ask my readers who know me in life to know for sure.

7. What is your biggest online pet-peeve? Adverts that pop up and perhaps fly around, and the x button that you click to close it really isn't a close button, so you've just clicked the ad open. Cheaters never prosper!

8. If you could live in a fictional universe, where would you live? Why, the world of Mr. Potter, of course. I'd like to shop at Diagon Alley. Middle-earth would be wicked, too. I'd like to visit Lothlorian. Not sure if that's what the question is getting at, but that's how I take it.

9. You're having a bad day, you're upset, you're angry, or you're sad - what is your go-to comfort? Drive to a neighboring city while listening to something Pink-ish or Green Day-ish...or maybe Rent. Go to Barnes and Noble. Browse, read, get a beverage, repeat 'til happy.

10. What is your favorite inspirational quote? "In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love. In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile. In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm. I realized, through it all, that… In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back." Albert Camus

11. If they were to make a movie based on your life, who would play you, your leading lady/man, your best friend, and your rival? Janeane Garofalo would be me, I don't have a leading "lady/man" :), my best friend would be played by Eric Stoltz, I don't have a rival, but if I did, I would want her to be played by Megan Mullally. I'm going to post this in more detail soon. A blogger I like did it recently including pictures, and it was cool. (I really will! I won't forget--pinky swear!).

12. Do you think the world is going to end in 2012? No. It's bollocks. We will carry on as per usual.

13. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be? Would love a back that doesn't require a monthly chiropractor visit.

14. What is your favorite season and why? Autumn...mild weather, leaves, cider, Halloween, crackling fires, festivals, crisp air, jeans and sweaters...

15. You've been bitten by a vampire. Would you fight it with all your undead being or would you embrace it for all it is worth? I would be a vampire who is lost in the decadent life--billowy blouses, crushed red and black velvet vests, etc. I'd drink blood from a wine glass--preferably donated blood from a bank. I would be some gay vampire's hag, and live in a castle. You see, I've thought this through.

16. Have you personally met any of your blogger friends? I have not, but would be delighted to.

17. What does your favorite pair of underwear look like? They are purple and fit nicely. Not sexy in the least.

18. Have you ever had something to drink right from the container in the refrigerator knowing other people will have to drink out of the same container later? Uh...I grew up with four siblings, so yes. We all did it.

19. What is your favorite word and explain why? Ethereal, because I like ethereal things, and I find the word to be pretty and nice to say.

20. 2011 is soon coming to a close, is there anything you'd like to do different on your blog in the year 2012? I really should write some more meaningful stuff as opposed to posting shit from Glee.

2 comments:

  1. I'll throw in my two cents.

    (1) Since I blog on the Religious Right, I get material from a variety of places: live events, books, news, C-SPAN, and other blogs (especially Right Wing Watch and Media Matters).

    (3) "Jesus He Knows Me" by Genesis. What better song for thumbing your nose at fundamentalists?

    (4) Once I get a lead on a topic, I go to the original source (i.e., television episode, radio show, article) and gather as much information as I can. If any wacky claims are made therein, I usually try to find some research refuting it. Then, I'll hunt down some other commentary on the matter, if available, and share the links at the bottom of my post. Then, after posting, I say, "I CAN HAZ READERS?"

    (5) Some cute chibi-King Ahab from the Bible, maybe.

    (6) Well, I express my true thoughts on politics, religion, and social issues, but it's only one small facet of who I am.

    (7) POP-UP ADS! I despise them.

    (9) Listening to heavy metal or goth music, preferably with a good beverage nearby.

    (12) Only if there is an olive shortage.

    (14) Summer. It's warm, festivals abound, and my vegetable garden is in full swing.

    (17) What the--? Why would anyone want to know that!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, it's fun to read your answers. I loved the Christmas offering from Unheilig!! I may have to pop over and listen to that again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Always feel free to chime in.