Thursday, November 10, 2011

Formspring Question--Movies

What's your favorite movie quote?

This is a tough one, because there are so many, and I am a rabid collector of quotations from films, books, funny or great stuff I hear people say, etc.  I write them down in a journal.  Over the years I've collected two full journals, which is sort of a lot considering I'm just writing a few little lines at a time (or sometimes pasting in a clip I've cut out of somewhere).  Anyway, here are the first favorite movie ones that popped into my mind:


"Those Baptists are STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!" --Ed Wood (from the film of the same name).


"Too bad, she said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak." --Napoleon Dynamite (from the film of the same name)


Queen Gorgo: Spartan!
King Leonidas: Yes, my lady?
Queen Gorgo: Come back with your shield, or on it.
King Leonidas: Yes, my lady.  --(from 300)


Joanne: All those kids in there want to run away and join the circus.
Helena: Great, they can have my life. I want to run away and join real life. (from MirrorMask)


"I shall slip unnoticed through the darkness... like a dark, unnoticeable slippy thing." --Valentine (also from MirrorMask)
 
 

That's all for the moment, but here comes the part where I think of others and go, "OH!  How could I not include THAT one?!"

9 comments:

  1. "I had all these answers for her. 'He's misunderstood.' 'He's trying to fix the bureau and no one will listen.' 'He was born in the wrong century.' 'His father's a jerk.' I got a whole list. But you know something sir? At the end of the day, it's all crap. You are who you are. The 'why' doesn't mean a thing, does it? Does it!?"

    - O'Neill, BREACH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't familiar with this movie, Ahab. It looks good, and it is added to my Netflix queue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not a movie quote, nor is it profound, but I still laugh every time I think of your imitation of Marge Simpson saying, "Homie! Have you been up all night eating cheese again?" LOL.

    I always found this quote from Thelma and Louise to be profound: You get what you settle for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) That's still my go-to line for doing a Marge imitation.

    Ah, yes--Thelma and Louise is rife with good quotes (and not Thermal and Louise, to which autocorrect tried to change it--bah!).

    (Lol, it gets even better--it just changed "bah" to "vag"). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! That last one is hilarious!

    WHich reminds me -- I was typing something on my iPad the other day -- something like "this is proof that nature can have a sense of humor..."

    Well, I fat-fingered can and typed "xan" I guess... and it auto-corrected it to, "And this is proof that nature xanax a sense of humor..."

    I was like, "oh, really?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had an autocorrect slip-up once, and when I texted back to apologize, I ended with the now common, "Damn autocorrect!" It changed autocorrect to cockrocket, which was worse than the original slip! Fortunately, I caught that one before sending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Mirror Mask quotes. Watched it again recently.

    "Given a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Fight Club (I know its not cheerful, but I always found it sobering.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Mirror Mask--it's rare to find a fellow fan of that movie, or even someone who has seen it! It's been awhile since I've watched it. It would make a great double feature with Labyrinth (or The Wizard of Oz...or The Wiz...or Alice in Wonderland...).

    I heart Fight Club, too. Great quote.

    ReplyDelete

Always feel free to chime in.