Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Preview (or...Severus for the Rest of Us)

Last week I decided it was time to commit to a costume. I didn't want to think about it much, so I thought that I would be whatever person, place or thing that popped immediately in my head. For some indescernable reason, the first words that sprang to mind were "Truman Capote." I looked in my closet, and oddly, like last year when I was Ozzy Osbourne, all needed items were there--hat, scarf, jacket...easy. Here are a few pictures. I was sort of going for the In Cold Blood period.






 I hadn't pulled my hair back, and when I took off my hat and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I thought, "Jesus, I look like Severus Snape." This isn't the first time I've noticed this. I have a picture of myself with my friend Chris that I scrapbooked along with some Harry Potter book release photos because of my Slytherin-esque appearance. Anyway, here is the ocular proof that I may be Professor Snape's love child...







I include a smiley one so as not to frighten away any would-be trick-or-treaters.  Anyway, the end of all this is that I'm going as Severus Snape for Halloween.  All I need besides my own mug is a black robe and a wand, which I also have readily available in my closet.  Doesn't everyone?

P.S.--I never lost faith in you, Professor!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Michelle :) I never would have thought of the resemblance, but now that you've shown it to me, it is uncanny!

    More pictures, please! And I promise to share some with you of my "Mrs. Morple, the demented school headmistress" once I can snag them from my SIL. I might have a video or two of the Haunted House, too.

    And, to entice you for next year, in the event you might be in New England... well, I shall e-mail that theme to you with some pictures in the very near future! It's one I think you would very much enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan Rickman might be my daddy! If that were only so, I wouldn't gouge him for money, I would just want visits to England.

    I really am planning on coming next year! When the new year rolls over, I'll put in for some of my vacation time, and if October works, I'm going to snag it. At that point, it will just be about looking into timing and flights, etc. So, sometime in January, I hope to call it official.

    Geez, how long have I wanted to come up there and visit?!

    I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Always feel free to chime in.