Monday, September 19, 2011

Irish Fest

I went to Irish Fest this weekend. Don't be jealous of my glitter tattoo. (I have been retrieving glitter from places glitter should never, ever go).


I meant to return for the second day, but pooped out for various lame reasons. I missed the Kilted Mile. Who won the Bonniest Knees award? Least Likely to Finish? I may never know.

Still, I enjoyed Saturday. I had some whiskey bread pudding (I KNOW) and heard/saw Celtic Spring perform. I'm not gonna lie, those kids give me girl wood. The little kid was awesome, too. When he would get up and do an amazing dance solo, he'd exit to wild applause, and then get straight back to his drawing with colored pencils just offstage. He was oblivious to the praise--so cool.

Then it was off to my friend's house. We watched This is Spinal Tap.

Sunday I read Penn Jillette's book God, No! and visited my parents for a few hours.

Great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Is Celtic Spring a local band? Gonna have to look them up. Been a while since I've heard any different Celtic music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celtic Spring originates from out west somewhere--I forget. They are all siblings and they play Irish fiddle and various other instruments, and they all dance as well. They'll dance along with their playing, and then they'll put down their instruments and really break loose with the dancing. So cool. I discovered them at Indy Irish fest a few years ago, but found out that they had been finalists for America's Got Talent in 2007 or so. They're very talented. I should add their site link over there to the right.

    ReplyDelete

Always feel free to chime in.