Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Super Jazzed

I was just thinking about my friend from college, Heidi, and how her birthday was coming up, and how I haven't seen her in at least ten years. After four years of college together, she lived in a neighboring city to mine at the time for a year or two. Almost thirteen years ago, I was her maid of honor in Maine, when she married her super cool husband. She has lived there all of this time, and we haven't managed a visit in about a decade. (Sorry--that's a lot of math).

Anyway, I just heard from her, and they'll be here next week! I will see her on her birthday, which is just ace. Sadly, I can't take time off of work at the moment, so this will mean a 5 hour round trip for a 3 or 4 hour visit. Do. Not. Care. We are soul sisters in lots of ways. Ri-dic that its been so long. Maybe we'll even get to stroll around the old campus.

Couldn't be happier!

6 comments:

  1. Call in sick, this is too good an opportunity to pass up. I had similar experience recently with an out of touch friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm glad you got the chance to come and visit. It was so nice to see you. I had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad, too, and glad it was longer than originally planned! I had a blast as well. I'll email pics soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I know you took some good pictures -- I'd love to see the balcony one ;)

    I still need to pull pics off my camera, but I'll share them once I do. It seems I'm going the route of slowly unpacking, etc this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Understandable. Maine to Indiana and back again is a long trip!

    ReplyDelete

Always feel free to chime in.