Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Silent Movies

My latest Netflix kick is silent movies, so I was thrilled to find this awesome film created by children for a film-making camp. It's under four minutes, and is a silent movie version of Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book. I'm amazed at the subtleties of how they captured the look and feel of classic silent horror films, and not just by using computer tricks in post production. It's seriously eerie, but done with a wink and a smile.

This is a great achievement. Neil Gaiman even tweeted the video and posted it on his blog. Great job, kids! Keep making awesome films! Hooray for children using their summer to create art!


2 comments:

  1. I never watched silent movies, but who knows, maybe I would like it. I will definitely check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ones that I've seen are pretty cool. I bought a box set of old horror films which range from classic to awful, but they're all fun to see. Nosferatu is the silent film from that collection that spurred me to check out some silent movies on Netflix. Hope you enjoyed this short film brought to you by kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

Always feel free to chime in.