Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Isn't it a Bummer?

I'm one of those assholes who, upon hearing the song Ironic, will loudly proclaim, "There is nothing ironic about this song.  There's not an example of irony in it.  Not one!  The question should be, Isn't it a bummer?  That's all those things are.  A bummer," to any poor sap who might be around, because, you know, this is all so important. 

Here is a real example of irony.  Visual irony, anyway.  I about choked when I saw this on an advert...


I realize that It's like a well-known fast food chain logo made by arranging colorful healthy items, like apples for example, instead of fatty items that contribute to obesity is not as pithy as It's like rain on your wedding day.

Not my problem.

2 comments:

  1. I think that what makes the song ironic is that when you hear a song titled "Ironic," you expect irony ... but then there's nothing ironic in the song. Or maybe I'm just full of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Love that! You make a great point. :)

    ReplyDelete