Sunday, May 8, 2011

Scarfing It

This is a little project I did with my art group last week.  You basically use straws as a loom to weave a scarf.  Nice for people such as myself who couldn't knit if ordered to do so at gunpoint (though I can't imagine such a scenario).

Here's one started...



And in Rachael Ray fashion, here's one finished.


I'm doing one now with twelve straws, and it is a bitch.  It's something to knock out whilst watching a movie, such as Sleuth, which is what I did yesterday.  (Also did it during SNL.  At 10 p.m. I was begging the Fates to allow Sarah Palin to do or say something inane enough to be newsworthy at that hour, but it wasn't necessary.  She was fricasseed Fey-style nicely without it). 

Up next?  Perhaps a creative writing project with the prompt, "a scenario in which someone is forced to knit at gunpoint."  

3 comments:

  1. "...a scenario in which someone is forced to knit at gunpoint."

    LOL. I'd so read this :) Do it! Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just you wait--I'll do it, and oh how you'll regret asking for it. Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Always feel free to chime in.