Sunday, April 10, 2011

It May Cause an Epileptic Fit

...But check out the nightclub scene in Black Swan frame by frame. 

There's a scene in the movie where Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis go dancing at a bar, and there's sort of a strobe light effect going on.  Whilst viewing this in the theater, I thought I caught a glimpse of the character Rothbart from the ballet.  I'd forgotten this, but when I was watching it on dvd this weekend, I saw a frame where Natalie Portman is wearing her swan make-up from later in the film. 

I started at the beginning of the scene and took it frame by frame.  Most of it is just a distorted, funhouse type view of the dancing, but sprinkled in are some really bizarre images, including the ones I mentioned.  There are a few frames where you just see a close-up shot of her swan eyes, and one where she and Mila are framed by a bunch of butterflies, kind of like a desktop wallpaper that someone might have created.

Weird, wild stuff.  Just another layer to a really brilliant movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always feel free to chime in.