Monday, April 11, 2011

Drippy Moon

I did another painting this weekend.  It's a drippy moon!



While we're at it, here are the pictures with it on the wall.  This is my very old saxophone (can't play this one anymore).


This is one of the chicks from the band Celtic Spring.  I guess they were finalists a few years ago on America's Got Talent.  I took this picture when I saw them perform at Indy's Irish Fest last year.  To draw upon my vast knowledge of music critique--they are freaking good.



2 comments:

  1. Didn't you have the sax photo back when you lived in KY? I seem to remember either seeing that or the sax itself at your apt.

    I like the choice and application of colors you've used for the night sky. And the dripping is nicely trippy :) I'm curious -- was the dripping a happy accident, or planned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the photo is relatively new, but you probably did see the actual sax. I did have a photo up back then of the sax that I play. That photo was taken in my famous spring term photography class--ha! Good times. I still have that one, too, I'll have to post it sometime.

    The dripping was planned--I used a spray bottle with my left hand whilst applying white paint with my right. That is a little trick I learned from David Bromstad on "Color Splash."

    Funny you should use the word "trippy," as I almost titled it Drippy, Trippy Moon. :) I'm thinking of trying this same painting multiple times with different colors (red moon, etc.). I'll use wee little canvases, though!

    ReplyDelete

Always feel free to chime in.