Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Where I'd Like to Go

As promised, here's where I'd like to go...let's see...before I turn 40.  I mean realistically.  If I chose everywhere I really want to go, the whole map would be red.


I'd like to go to the UK and spend a decent amount of time there--not just enough to do a drive by of London and go home.  I added France just because it could possibly be combined into the same trip, and I really want to see this place...


This is my family's ancestral castle.  Technically, I guess it's a chateau, but it looks like a freakin' castle to me.  Of course, we have absolutely no stake in it.  Here is the library, which floors me.

Painful.  Seriously painful.

Two legends spring from this place.   Legend one, Richard the Lionhearted died here and was buried somewhere on the grounds (though, it's known that parts of him are buried elsewhere).  Legend two, Brangelina took a look, but alas, passed on it. 

If you're interested, it's up for grabs at a mere 25 million American dollars.

Here's where I'd like to go within the states over the next two or three years.  I'll probably repeat some old haunts, but these are previously un-redified places...


Pennsylvania, because my sister lives there; New York, because you can take the train into the city from where she lives; Vermont and New Hampshire, because a college friend of mine lives in Maine (repeat) and I could road trip it to see her.  That would be one long ambitious trip, and I'd have to eat up a big chunk of vacation time, but there you are.  Utah, because I'm one of those non-LDS girls who wants to see all of the LDS stuff over there.  It's just one of those things. 

We'll see if I can fit this stuff in within 3 and a half years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always feel free to chime in.