Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lion-icon

I'm a fan of all things Wicked, and was thrilled ages ago when the mass market paperback boasted the musical's logo.  I was even more happy when Son of a Witch came out with a cover illustration that mimicked  the original.  I loved that they found a way to continue the iconic imagery of the first.


I was less than thrilled when this cover came out for A Lion Among Men:


Not to disparage anyone's work, but I was hoping for the same type of imagery as the two that came before.  I gave it a go...


It's a bunk version, but a decent idea...some gifted designer could do something cool with this and make it fit with the other two!

I used black acrylic paint, metallic pens, watercolor paper and some scrapbooking letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always feel free to chime in.