Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chicago Photos

Here are some pictures I took in Chicago on my birthday last year...

In the Skydeck at the top of the Sears (Willis) Tower
Art Institute of Chicago
Cool fountain at Millenium Park--the faces change
The bean thingy at Millenium Park
Me being touristy
Under the bean
A ticket to Billy is what made me want to hop the train to Chicago. 
I also went up there to see Wicked a few times while it was there.
Art and an art admirer
Art and another admirer...
...and another
Ceres, the goddess of agriculture, grain harvest and fertility watches over the Chicago Board of Trade Building.  Now it deals in money, but it used to deal in grain commodities.  When you eat "cereal," you're giving a nod to this lady.  The power of myth!

A Musician close to Union Station

2 comments:

  1. That elevator is freaky... Kind of like the skywalk over the grand canyon that is clear too.

    I love Billy Elliot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the Grand Canyon--must go! I imagine that walking across the skywalk would feel Indiana Jones-ish.

    I heart Billy, too. I remember how elated I felt walking out of the theater. Also, it was great fun looking around and seeing big macho men crying in the audience. :)

    ReplyDelete

Always feel free to chime in.